“That in controversies respecting property, and in suits between man and man, the ancient trial by jury is preferable to any other and ought to be held sacred.” -George Mason
Kevin represents clients in a variety of complex legal matters, ranging from hostile business divorces to multiparty construction defect litigation. In the process, Kevin has helped his clients recover over $100 million in settlements and judgments.
Since his first day at his first job out of law school, Kevin has continuously represented clients in a wide variety of False Claims Act cases. Over the course of these matters, Kevin has become familiar with many aspects of FDA, Medicare, Treasury Department, Department of Defense, ITAR, and USDA laws and regulations. Kevin enjoys diving in and navigating these labyrinthine schemes and finding opportunities for strategic advantage for his clients.
“I know its cliché, but when it comes to the law, the devil really is in the details. Understanding the minutia of the rules and regulations can often make the difference between winning and losing. I like to win, so I dig deep,” says Kevin.
“Too many lawyers litigate with a settlement in mind. While it is true that the vast majority of cases do settle, the best way to maximize value for the client is to prepare as if a jury of twelve peers will be deciding outcome,” according to Kevin. “This helps sharpen the focus on the issues that really matter.”
Kevin is an active member of the Dallas Bar Association, where he sits on the Continuing Legal Education Committee. In this role, Kevin helps select speakers and topics for weekly legal seminars hosted by the Dallas Bar Association. Kevin also enjoys sharing his experience with the legal community and has given presentations on the False Claims Act at the Dallas Bar Association and the American Association for Justice.
Kevin is representing clients in a variety of legal areas including Business and Commercial Disputes, Whistleblower and False Claims Act, Government Investigations and Litigation and Construction Defect Litigation. A few sample matters:
- Represented whistleblowers in False Claims Act case against a national bank that resulted in a $14 million settlement.
- Represented whistleblower in a False Claims Act case against an inpatient rehabilitation facility that resulted in a $6.25 million settlement.
- Represented homeowner in a construction defect case that resulted in a $2.8 million jury verdict for client.
- Represented bankruptcy trustee in a fraud and negligent misrepresentation dispute that resulted in an $18.3 million arbitration award in favor of the client.
- Represented whistleblower in a False Claims Act case against a medical device manufacturer involving violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute that resulted in $11.5 million settlement.
- Represented surviving family members in a wrongful death/premises liability case against a leading fast food chain that resulted in a $27 million jury verdict in favor of clients.