Kevin Colquitt thrives on the challenge of complex civil litigation. Clients who understand that the key to a successful civil suit is finding the best way to piece together the facts and the law in a manner that best presents the client’s case often hire Mr. Colquitt whom they know loves solving those puzzles.
Mr. Colquitt has represented plaintiffs and defendants in a myriad of legal settings, but primarily in healthcare related litigation, including matters involving medical devices, pharmaceuticals, inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, independent diagnostic testing facilitates, ambulance service, clinical laboratories, and Medicare Advantage programs. In the process, Mr. Colquitt has developed an in-depth knowledge of healthcare-related law, such as the False Claims Act and the Anti-Kickback Statute, as well as FDA and Medicare statutes and regulations.
But, Mr. Colquitt’s experience is not limited to the healthcare industry, alone. Mr. Colquitt also has represented businesses in commercial disputes and individuals who have suffered catastrophic personal injury. Mr. Colquitt has helped his clients recover tens of millions of dollars in these matters. Whether it’s a copyright dispute or a wrongful death, the legal team at Sbaiti & Company will fight to protect and enforce our clients’ rights.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Colquitt worked for over a decade in the medical device industry.
Representative Legal Matters
- $18.3 million arbitration award for negligent misrepresentation in a dispute between a medical device manufacturer and the bankruptcy trustee of its distributor.
- $11.5 million settlement with a medical device manufacturer in a declined False Claims Act case involving violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute.
- $27 million jury verdict in premises liability case against a leading fast food restaurant chain.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- American Intercontinental University, B.B.A., summa cum laude.
- State Bar of Texas
- Northern District of Texas
- Western District of Texas